Panela: Raw, Unrefined & Unbleached Cane Sugar.
It's evaporated juice of cane with a hint of sweet molasses taste and warm, caramel undertones. It's a unique ingredient that's flavorful and aromatic. Panela has been traditionally handmade for centuries by dehydrating raw sugarcane juice over low heat.
It's a whole food and chemical free sugar. It contains 25% to 30% less calories than refined sugar.
Panela provides 300 more nutrients and 50 more mineral salts than refined sugar. It has high contents of Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium and Iron.
Panela is extracted form the sugarcane juices, which is evaporated and converted to a vegetable honey. Before process, cane juices are squeezed and evaporated to obtain such honey which is further converted to solid.
It is an unrefined and unbleached whole food sucrose, and primarily it has application food and beverage industry.
- Natural taste of sugar which also has far better flavor than brown sugar
- Its color varies from golden brown to dark brown
- It contains invert sugars, proteins, and bagasse fiber.
- Panela is also known as
- Uluru Dust
- Panela has wide applications in
- soft drinks
- Rum & Spirits
- Majority of demand of Panela is from Latin America, Middle East, India and African region.
- Colombia is one of the world’s largest producer of Panela.
Panela Healthy Benefits:
- Prevents constipation
- anaemia and
- respiratory problems
- helps in blood purification
- controls blood pressure level
- cleanse the body
enhance the immunity system of the body.
Uses: Food manufacturers are using panela as key ingredient in their products to serve the growing demand of consumers who are seeking for products which have natural quality, taste and can also be consumed as end product or can be added in food dishes to enhance the taste and richness of recipes.